Connecticut Government Appointments Project (ConnGAP)
The Connecticut Government Appointments Project (ConnGAP) is a bold initiative of the PCSW. The goal of the project is to increase the number of highly qualified women appointed to high-level, paid positions in state government. In November of 2010, PCSW’s ConnGAP steering committee handed over to the Governor’s transition team a binder full of the names and resumes of highly qualified women who are ready and willing to serve in various executive-level, appointed positions. The PCSW will continue to monitor the gender composition of high-level, paid, gubernatorial appointments. The first report from ConnGAP is now available.
ConnGAP asked all Connecticut gubernatorial candidates to pledge to do their best to name women to 50 percent of executive-level paid appointments as a way of creating a government that more accurately reflects the population, of which women are 51 percent in Connecticut. ConnGAP provided the executive branch with a pool of qualified women from which the new governor can choose when making appointments to about 75 paid positions identified by PCSW’s ConnGAP steering committee. Women were recommended for any positions for which they are qualified, regardless of their stands on particular issues and/or party affiliation.
- ConnGAP Report (2014)
- ConnGAP Report (Nov 2011)
- Detailed List of Paid Gubernatorial Appointments (as of July 2010)
- List of ConnGAP Positions (as of July 2010)
- List of ConnGAP Positions (as of Nov 2011)
- ConnGAP FAQs
- ConnGAP Brochure
- Press Releases
- ConnGAP Kick-off Event Flyer
- About Hunt Alternative Fund’s National Women’s Appointments Project
- Political Parity Project
ConnGAP Steering Committee Members
Teresa Younger, PCSW Executive Director & ConnGAP Chair
Marilyn Alverio, Ethnic Marketing Solutions
Sharon Cappetta, Community Foundation for Greater New Haven
Lisa Crutchfield Diggs, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Nancy DiNardo, Connecticut Democratic Party
Jessica Fenner, National Organization for Women, CT Chapter
Carrie Gallagher, Commissioner, Permanent Commission on the Status of Women
Christine Horrigan, Connecticut League of Women Voters
Pamela Mazzarella, American Association of University Women, CT Chapter
Catherine Marx, Connecticut Republican Party
Alice Pritchard, Connecticut Women’s Education and Legal Fund (CWEALF)
Helene Robbins, Wells Fargo Private Bank
Patricia Russo, Women’s Campaign School at Yale University
Charlotte Suhler, Fairfield County Women & Girls Fund
Michelle Noehren, ConnGAP Project Director
ConnGAP Coalition Partners
- AARP CT
- A Different Perspective, Inc.
- Advanced Decisions, Inc.
- Advocacy for Patients with Chronic Illnesses, Inc.
- African American Aff airs Commission
- All Our Kin, Inc.
- Asian Pacific American Affairs Commission
- Budget Printers
- CAUSA Inc.
- Caribbean Women’s Network
- Center For Women & Families
- Citizens for Economic Opportunity
- City of Bridgeport
- Community Foundation for Greater New Haven
- CT AIDS Resource Coalition (CARC)
- CT American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- CT Associated Builders and Contractors
- CT Chapter of the National Organization for Women
- CT Common Cause
- CT Community Care, Inc.
- CT Democratic Party
- CT Dental Hygienists’ Association
- CT League for Nursing
- CT League of Women Voters
- CT Puerto Rican Forum
- CT Republican Party
- CT Sexual Assault Crisis Services
- CT Voices for Children
- CT Women’s Education and Legal Fund (CWEALF)
- CT Women’s Health Advisory Council
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- End Hunger CT!
- Ethnic Marketing Solutions
- Fairfield County Fund for Women and Girls
- Firm Foundation, Inc.
- Foundation for Connecticut Women
- Funding Finder Consulting, LLC
- General Federation of Women’s Clubs of CT
- Girl Scouts of Connecticut
- Greater Bridgeport Community Enterprises, Inc.
- Greater Bridgeport Sect., Nat’l Council of Negro Women, Inc.
- Greater New Haven Chapter, NOW
- Griswold Special Care
- Hartford Young Professionals & Entrepreneurs (HYPE)
- Leadership Greater Hartford
- L.C. Cragg & Assoc., LLC
- Middlesex County Chamber of Commerce
- NARAL Pro-Choice CT
- National Association of Social Workers – CT Chapter (NASW)
- National Association of Women in Construction Hartford Chapter #165
- New Haven Free Public Library
- On Target Marketing & Communications, LLC
- Out of Home America, Inc.
- Permanent Commission on the Status of Hartford Women
- Planned Parenthood of Southern New England
- Roth Associates, LLC
- Sexual Assault Crisis Center of Eastern CT, Inc. (SACCEC)
- Southern CT State University Women’s Center
- Soroptimist International of the Northeastern Region
- Small Business Administration
- Susan B. Anthony Project
- TEAM, Inc.
- Trinity College Women & Gender Resource Action Center
- Universal Health Care Foundation of CT
- University of Connecticut Women’s Center
- University of Connecticut Women’s Studies Dept.
- Wells Fargo Private Bank
- Women & Family Life Center
- Women’s Campaign School at Yale University
- Women’s Center of Southeastern CT, Inc.
- Women’s Mentoring Network, Inc.
- World Affairs Council of Connecticut
- Yale University School of Medicine
- Young Women’s Leadership Program (YWLP)
- YWCA Darien/Norwalk
- YWCA Hartford Region